- Many voices, singing as one
- A special community service honours the lives of children
- SMCT All Souls Day Services
- RSL Remembrance Day Service 2017
- Revamped Halloween tours sold out at Melbourne General Cemetery
- 2017 - Police Remembrance End of Day Reflection
- Father's Day Remembrance Service 2017
- Springvale Botanical Cemetery’s Cremation Viewing Room Upgraded
- Official Opening and Blessing of Saint Padre Pio Mausoleum
- Italian Culinary Heritage Tour at Melbourne General Cemetery
- Dr Alan Wolfelt Visits our Centre for Care & Wellbeing at Springvale Botanical Cemetery
- Bunurong Memorial Park - Runner up in 2016 American Cemetery Excellence Awards
- School Tours of Melbourne General Cemetery
- Events calendar
- Presentations, Tours and Facilities
- Official opening of the refurbished Boyd and Renowden Chapel Complex
The spirit of our first Christmas Carols on the Lawn echoed Brian Eno who said, “When you sing with a group of people, you learn how to subsume yourself into a group consciousness, because acapella singing is all about the immersion of the self into the community...[read more]
Over 500 guests attended the 2017 Children’s Christmas Remembrance Service held at Springvale Botanical Cemetery on 3 December.
This edition includes articles describing our activities and services that ensure we remain a constant advocate for the communities we serve, our people and our industry.
On the weekend of the Saturday 4 and Sunday 5 November, Spring sunshine greeted nearly 3,000 guests attending All Souls' Day services across four key sites of the Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust.
The Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust (SMCT) are proud that the Australian War Graves is located within the grounds of Springvale Botanical Cemetery. It is within these grounds that we co host the annual RSL Remembrance Day Service together with the Returned Servicemen’s League.
On 31 October, over 300 guests flocked to the iconic Melbourne General Cemetery to enjoy a night of mystery and history at the newly revamped Halloween night tours. The still evening air was given an atmospheric twist with the addition of actors playing special characters...
Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust and Springvale Botanical Cemetery were proud to have hosted the End of Day Reflection Service on National Police Remembrance Day, Friday, 29 September 2017.
We were honoured to host over 300 people from our community at the Bunurong Memorial Park Father’s Day Remembrance Service held on Thursday 31 August.
In keeping with our commitment to provide beautiful spaces in which to honour and celebrate life, the family witness cremation viewing room at the Springvale Botanical Cemetery crematorium has recently been refurbished and upgraded.
The Most Reverend, the Archbishop of Melbourne Denis Hart to officiated the Official Opening and Blessing of the second stage of the Saint Padre Pio Mausoleum on 25 May 2017.
Welcome to the inaugural Autumn edition of Life, a publication of the Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust. This new publication is reflective of our focus on honouring and celebrating life.
Melbourne General Cemetery (MGC) is rich with the history and stories of Melbourne’s waves of migrant settlers. On April 7, SMCT held its inaugural Italian Culinary Heritage Tour, as part of the Melbourne Food and Wine Festival.
Understanding Grief: Touchstones in Hope and Healing, was designed to explain the touchstones specifically to grieving families and was delivered by Dr Alan Wolfelt to a capacity audience at The Centre for Care and Wellbeing.
We are delighted to share the recent announcement that Bunurong Memorial Park (BMP) was runner up in the 2016 American Cemetery Excellence Awards.