- Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust – announcement of Trust appointments - 2018
- Natural Burials at Bunurong Memorial Park
- Official Opening and Blessing of Melbourne’s Saint Michael the Archangel Mausoleum
- 2018 Mother’s Day Remembrance Service at Bunurong Memorial Park
- SMCT Honoured to Now Serve Sorrento's Community
- Artist’s trail winds its way to Bunurong Memorial Park
- Victoria's Proud War History Lives on Through our Booklet
- Bunurong Memorial Park's Cremation Viewing Room Upgraded
- The Vanitas Experience at Melbourne General Cemetery
- SMCT receives Runner-Up award in the ‘Best Wellbeing Program’
- Sorrento Public Cemetery
- Loved ones honoured at special Christmas Remembrance Service
- SMCT Annual Meeting
- Many voices, singing as one
- A special community service honours the lives of children
- SMCT All Souls Day Services
- RSL Remembrance Day Service 2017
- Revamped Halloween tours sold out at Melbourne General Cemetery
- 2017 - Police Remembrance End of Day Reflection
- Father's Day Remembrance Service 2017
- Springvale Botanical Cemetery’s Cremation Viewing Room Upgraded
- Official Opening and Blessing of Saint Padre Pio Mausoleum
- Italian Culinary Heritage Tour at Melbourne General Cemetery
- Dr Alan Wolfelt Visits our Centre for Care & Wellbeing at Springvale Botanical Cemetery
- Bunurong Memorial Park - Runner up in 2016 American Cemetery Excellence Awards
- School Tours of Melbourne General Cemetery
- Events calendar
- Presentations, Tours and Facilities
- Official opening of the refurbished Boyd and Renowden Chapel Complex
We have recently been advised of a number of appointments to the Trust, effective 1 July 2018.
Our CEO, Jane Grover took time recently with renowned grief expert, Dr Alan Wolfelt to discuss how SMCT is leading the way in transforming the power and purpose of cemeteries. The resulting article appeared in International Cemetery, Cremation & Funeral Association magazine. Read it here…
We are pleased to announce the upcoming release of Murrun Naroon ‘Life Spirit’, a new and unique natural burial option positioned in a beautiful native bushland environment at Bunurong Memorial Park.
We are dedicated to creating unique experiences and work in partnership with our surrounds to support the living throughout their grief journey. In this issue we explore this journey through Glorious food and Flowers, embracing our Community at the Heart, Preserving Culture in our community and upcoming tours and events across all sites.
On Thursday 17 May, the beautiful Saint Michael the Archangel Mausoleum was officially opened and blessed.
We are delighted to announce that Bunurong Memorial Park was awarded Gold for the Urban Design category in the 2018 Melbourne Design Awards.
Over 200 people in our community came together to honour our Mothers who are no longer with us.
In a world where change is constant, it is small gestures of kindness that make us uniquely human. Care, compassion
and community are the ordinary virtues that underpin a good society. The Autumn edition of Life focuses on our valued community.
On 12 December 2017, Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust (SMCT) was formally appointed to manage the Sorrento Cemetery (SC).
The Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust was delighted to recently publish the booklet; Victorian War Heritage – The Rich War History of Springvale War Cemetery and Springvale Botanical Cemetery.
The witness cremation viewing room at the Bunurong Memorial Park (BMP) crematorium was recently recently refurbished.
In early February this year, SMCT was excited to install two works from prominent Australian artists Greg Johns, At the centre (There is nothing) 2012 and Inge King, Jabaroo 1989 at Bunurong Memorial Park (BMP).
SMCT staff Activate Health program resulted in a Runner-Up award in the ‘Best Wellbeing Program’ category at the 25th National Safety Council of Australia (NSCA) Awards
On 12 December 2017, Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust was formally appointed to manage the Sorrento Public Cemetery.
In keeping with our commitment to provide beautiful spaces in which to honour and celebrate life, the family witness cremation viewing room at the Springvale Botanical Cemetery crematorium has recently been refurbished and upgraded.
Understanding Grief: Touchstones in Hope and Healing, was designed to explain the touchstones specifically to grieving families and was delivered by Dr Alan Wolfelt to a capacity audience at The Centre for Care and Wellbeing.
We are delighted to share the recent announcement that Bunurong Memorial Park (BMP) was runner up in the 2016 American Cemetery Excellence Awards.